The workstream aims to:
- Adapt and improve our services to ensure the 50% of people now surviving cancer receive the best possible support
- Ensure those people who are diagnosed with treatable but incurable cancer have appropriate support to both live and die as well as possible
- Help the people who are surviving cancer to cope with the physical, emotional and financial effects of a cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Support people affected by cancer to continue their recovery in the most appropriate setting
- Improve communication between health professionals, people affected by cancer and their community so that care is co-ordinated and focussed on their needs.
Charlotte Guest, Macmillan Project Lead (Living With and Beyond Cancer)
Karen Henry, Lead Cancer Nurse Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust